httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1685052 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/ssl/ssl_engine_config.c
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:36:43 GMT
Am 12.06.2015 um 13:49 schrieb Yann Ylavic:
> Hi Christophe,
>
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Christophe JAILLET
> <christophe.jaillet@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>>
>> should this warning at startup be an issue, why not just remove it in 2.4.x
>> and keep it in trunk?
>> Having the depreciation written in doc (and in migration note for 2.4 ->
>> 2.6/3.0 one day) could be enough, no?
>
> Probably, but the (only one) warning per startup can possibly
> encourage users to look at the doc :)
> Let's see what others say.

I don't have a strong opinion, but if we want to remove the directive in
the next version, then it would help to keep the deprecation logging to
make people aware and reduce the migration complains a bit.

Logging only once instead of for each certificate is IMHO enough and
much better.

As to if the current situation in 2.4.14 is a problem or should be
tolerated (lots of log output for people with huge numbers of
certificates) I'm quite undecided.

Regards,

Rainer