httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Wang <aw...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: httpd 2.4 and windows "hangs" and AcceptFilter solution
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:48:14 GMT

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Andy Wang <awang@ptc.com
> <mailto:awang@ptc.com>> wrote:
>
>     I can reproduce the first case with the installer, pretty much
>     ondemand using our installer stuff.  I've tried reproducing it by
>     ripping out the actions that do the Runtime.exec() to call httpd.exe
>     into a separate standalone program, and the problem doesn't occur
>     there.  Go figure. But when this occurs httpd.exe is unresponsive to
>     localhost AND remote traffic immediately.  I think I can get one or
>     maybe 2 requests in and out before it additional connections simply
>     hang until a network timeout.  Wireshark shows the request is ACKed
>     but that's it.
>
>     My initial thought was that something cause the process to be
>     blocked, but from what I can tell from Process Explorer/Process
>     Monitor the threads look correct and are simply waiting for a request.
>

> This sounds like a permissions problem.

Pleading windows ignorance here, but what kind of permissions problem?
Both processes are elevated to administrator via UAC (or with UAC
disabled) and literally as soon as you kill the parent java.exe process,
it starts to work.

One of the other windows guys here, theorized that it has to do with
inherited handles but he couldn't really work out why.  He's not a
winsock expert though.

>     The internet explorer 11 case, I've not seen myself, just from
>     reports of other developers I've worked with. It occurs from
>     automated tests, and these are mostly remote clients running IE11.
>

> It is possible that the 'data' mode (that ships the first packet(s) into
> buffers upon receiving data) is somehow incompatible with a broken IE11
> handshake.

Yeah, i wish this was reproducible more on demand so I can grab the
packet capture.