httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: TWS ";" LWS permitted by RFC 7230 4.1.1? Apparently, no.
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:10:10 GMT
> On Jun 15, 2015, at 9:33 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>
> Reviewing the spec, I cannot find where Sambar server is permitted to insert whitespace.
I further reviewed the ABNF appendix, and it does not appear there, either.

Right, this was a deliberate decision to reduce the number of infinite stream possibilities.
We can still read a few SP and discard for robustness, but it should be limited to the same
few characters as leading zeros.

Sambar Server has been EOL for 7 years with no available source code for review, so it's
behavior is no longer relevant to the standard.

....Roy