httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject thread/mpm advice
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 13:37:36 GMT
Hi Knowledgeable List!

someone reported issues with mod_h2 in relation to some mod_proxy/mod_rewrite setup of his.
I added several test cases and all seems fine. Then I found out that he is running on a mpm_prefork
configuration...

My understanding is that one uses mpm_prefork when threads are to be avoided. This is not
what mod_h2 is about and so I consider disabling the module in a prefork configuration. My
thinking: if threads are not a problem, why not run worker/event?

Do you have any advice for mod_h2 here? Are there other mpms where the module should disable
itself?

Thanks for the help,

  Stefan

<green/>bytes GmbH