httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 and 2.4 and 2.6/3.0
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 13:51:46 GMT
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 8:55 AM Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Anyone else think it's time to EOL 2.2 and focus
> on 2.4 and the next gen? My thoughts are that http/2
> and mod_h2 will drive the trunk design efforts and so
> it would be nice to focus energy on 2.4 and later...

I think it's an accurate reflection of a mode we're nearly in already, but
I think we should still be rolling up security releases of 2.2.x for some
time.  Is there something between legacy and EOL?  Maybe just an
announcement and a tweak to the description of 2.2.x?  I also think if we
choose some middle ground, we don't have to announce with any kind of delay.