httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Simplified 2.2.x EOL Decision
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 07:22:54 GMT
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 6:44 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Choose one;
>
> [ ] EOL the 2.2.x branch effective 5/31/16; strictly security releases to
> that date
> [X] Defer a 2.2.x EOL decision for 6 months and re-consider this proposal in
> Nov, '15.

I think I would have preferred Jeff's form of the vote, which would
have allowed us to know the potential "operating forces" on 2.2.x.
Sure people like having their release maintained, for free is even
better, the investment is done either by the committers (for all
living versions) or the users (upgrading).
So let's see the overall effort in the next six months...