httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Brandt <jbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: httpd and OpenSSL 1.0.2
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 15:26:07 GMT
Hi Andy,

it seems that you are right. After cheking the lib I saw this

-rw-r--r--  1 root root 4,4M Mai 29 10:51 libcrypto.a
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   18 Mai 29 10:51 libcrypto.so -> libcrypto.so.1.0.0
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root root 2,6M Mai 29 10:51 libcrypto.so.1.0.0
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 744K Mai 29 10:51 libssl.a
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   15 Mai 29 10:51 libssl.so -> libssl.so.1.0.0
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root root 499K Mai 29 10:51 libssl.so.1.0.0

that shows the current date, but the old version number.

Mario

On 29 May 2015 at 15:16, Wang, Andy <awang@ptc.com> wrote:
> You might want to reconsider that unless you really really are sure you know what you're
doing.
> On a linux distro, the system installed openssl is considered a fundamental platform
infrastructure library.  I.e. many many things rely on it.  openssl versions are not backward
compatible.

> So if you don't rebuild all of your distro installed dependencies on openssl, you've
likedly just screwed up runtime linking of alot of things.

> Also, the system installed library and the openssl config makefiles may be using incompatible
soname mechanisms, which could explain why you're able to link but not run (i.e. at linktime
it may be finding the right library, but at runtime it's not).