httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject mod_h2 internals
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 13:43:34 GMT
For anyone interested in mod_h2 internals, its parasitic life inside httpd and the apache mutations
(=hacks) it is doing, there is now a web page for that: https://icing.github.io/mod_h2/internals.html.
For people knowledgable in httpd core APIs (and where else would one find them but here),
I try to give a high level summary of what the module does.

That should give people the false assurance they understand what the module really is doing,
without becoming the wiser by reading the actual code.

That was a joke.

Honestly, I wrote it mostly to cleanup my own thoughts about it. Maybe people wanting to really
understand the code will find it a good introduction. It mentions areas of possible improvements
and parts where the module is a bit „hacky“ for the sake of performance. Things that should
be addressed in future development. It could work for that too. Maybe.

Anyway, feedback/questions are welcome.

Cheers,

  Stefan

<green/>bytes GmbH