httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: 2.2 and 2.4 and 2.6/3.0
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 19:09:41 GMT

> one thing it means is having compelling stories involving the latest hot tech that use
2.4

> basically, any time there is a how-to-FOO somewhere on the www that uses nginx for the
web server component, there needs to be a better how-to-FOO that uses httpd 2.4 ;)  (I don't
even think 2.2 is an issue here)

Agreed. Plus the fact that nginx is really open core, and
being heavily promoted and marketed by nginx.com, does put
httpd, as a "real" open source project at some disadvantage.

We should ping Sally for some thoughts. Also, I know that
we could likely get a monthly column from opensource.com
(or every other month) to help w/ combating the FUD.