httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <drugg...@primary.net>
Subject Re: cPanel & Apache 2.4
Date Sat, 16 May 2015 14:30:09 GMT
Nice!
--
Daniel Ruggeri

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jacob Perkins <jacob.perkins@cpanel.net>
Sent: May 15, 2015 10:18:08 AM CDT
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: cPanel & Apache 2.4

Good afternoon,

As some of you may be aware, cPanel is a leader in the hosting industry as we provide software
that allows end users to easily run a server and associated LAMP stack.  Yesterday, May 14th,
we changed the default installation target to Apache 2.4 over Apache 2.2.

Currently, around 80% of our user base uses Apache 2.2.  I’m hoping to have those customers
using Apache 2.4 in the next year.

I know that you guys like to keep track of 2.2 vs 2.4 usage, so hopefully we’ll start noticing
the 2.4 usage increase gradually over the next year or so.

Thanks for your time!
—
Jacob Perkins
Product Owner