httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Trasca Virgil <virgil_tra...@yahoo.com>
Subject .htaccess https rules
Date Sat, 23 May 2015 08:54:51 GMT
 Good morning Apache developers,
I'm not sure this is the appropriate place for this message. I'm looking for somebody which
knows what he is doing so I'm posting the message here.
I recently purchased an SSL certificate. As part of moving to https I'm looking to contract
somebody to assist me with correctly configuring the .htaccess to force https.

   - force all http 301 to https
   - force http://site.com and https://site.com 301 to https://www.site.com
   - force http://site.com/index.html and https://site.com/index.html http://www.site.com/index.html and
https://www.site.com/index.html 301 to https://www.site.com
   - correctly force /blog/ (wordpress) to https (main site is static html)
   - correctly handle / and non / for all the above combinations (google should see a single
consolidated URL address without any trailing space)
   - do all this with the minimum number of 301 redirects (ideally all URLs should be handled
in 1 redirection to avoid multi steps redirections)
   - review that the final version of .htaccess is correct and optim

If you are insterested please reply to this message.

Thank you,Virgil