httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <>
Subject ALPN patch comments
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 08:52:43 GMT
I made two small patches based on the feedback from Kaspar. One for the code and one for the
documentation. Since I build against releases, I did not test the doc patch building.

This code patch I tested against my already patched 2.4.12 with openssl 1.0.2 and 1.0.1 in
mod_h2 sandbox.

Re NPN support comments: I can sympathize with only bringing „official“ protocols into
a release branch (2.4). However there are a lot of openssl 1.0.1 installations out there where
httpd 2.4 is deployed which already talk NPN and it might take some time for getting ALPN
support from the distros. Which would mean more people building and deploying their own SSL
libraries/patching mod_ssl and having no auto update, if they want to use SPDY or HTTP/2.
Does not seem like an easy decision.

View raw message