httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenSSL 1.02, PCRE 2.10
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 13:06:33 GMT
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:57 AM, Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2014@velox.ch> wrote:
> On 28.04.2015 14:04, Tom Browder wrote:
>> Maybe I need to play tricks with ld.so.conf and openssl?
>
> Depends on whether you built OpenSSL with or without shared libraries -
> what are the contents of the /opt/openssl/lib directory?

Well, I failed to follow my original recipe and did NOT specify
'no-shared'.  I blem away openssl and used 'no-shared' and now have NO
shared libraries in /opt/openssl/lib.

>> I have no system installed openssl,
>
> Hmm, what platform is this? Are you sure there are no libcrypto/libssl
> libraries somewhere under /usr?

I used a netinst installation of Debian 7.  But I find I do have those
libraries:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

> The most important thing, though, is making sure that the directory
> which appears in the LDFLAGS/MOD_LDFLAGS lines of the ./configure
> outputs (after the "checking for user-provided OpenSSL base
> directory...") in does not include any shared library files - only
> static ones.

That is now true.

After a rebuild and re-install of openssl, I reconfigured httpd.and get this:

configure: error: Crypto was requested but no crypto library could be
enabled; specify the location of a crypto library using
--with-openssl, --with-nss, etc.

The question to me is: what exact configuration do I need?  Do I point
to a path, or library, or a configure script?  I see nothing

I've tried '--with-openssl=<path>' and '--with-nss=<path>' to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Best,

-Tom