httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Looking ahead to 2.4.13 / 2.2.30
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:52:47 GMT
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 10:49:47 -0400
> Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
> > BTW: Would it make sense to consider a release of 2.4.13 in April
> > to coincide w/ ApacheCon?
>
> We've historically produced a release at the beginning of the con.
> It worked really well when we would hackathon two days, then retire
> to do other con stuff for the balance of the event with a new
> release in the hopper looking for votes.
>
> I'd love to see us tag and roll releases based on our efforts
> throughout the entire gathering, sometime in that following week.
> I offer to T&R an update of 2.2 as well to pick up any issues we
> resolve over the course of that week.

It seems that we have 2 groups of good things to come out of ApacheCon,
some immediate fixes for things like BSD project efforts, some pretty
straightforward defects that have been resolved... and then there's a bunch
of energy about enhancements and the h2 universe.

In the short term, WDYT about giving the trees a week to settle, grab the
low hanging fruit and move forward for 2.4.13 and 2.2.30 end of this coming
week?  Guessing Jim's up for RM'ing 2.4.13, and I'm happy to T&R 2.2.30
in tandem.

Concerns / observations / thoughts?

Bill