httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <>
Subject Re: Version check idea
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 14:33:13 GMT
Some weeks ago, I asked the openssl team something related to this. I wanted a URL which redirects
to the latest 1.0.2 release tar. I use this in my mod_h2 sandbox setup and got rid of updating
version numbers for that package.

If there would be a url, such as
that then redirects to

then people interested in checking the latest version for update could easily do so. Maybe
distributing a script for crontab that people, voluntarily, could install is helpful.

> Am 21.04.2015 um 15:55 schrieb Jim Jagielski <>:
> For comment: What do people think about adding the capability that
> when httpd is started, it tries to access
> to check its version number with the latest one referred to in that
> file and, if a newer one exists, it prints out a little message
> in the error.log (or stderr)...

<green/>bytes GmbH
Hafenweg 16, 48155 Münster, Germany