httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: ALPN patch comments
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 04:51:25 GMT
On 22.04.2015 18:45, Stefan Eissing wrote:
> I understand your argument. My pov is of someone trying to bring
> http/2 to the people. While bringing a new httpd on an existing
> system seems easy, installing a new system openssl is more
> challenging with its dependencies and the changes in hiding non
> public parts of their API.

It doesn't necessarily mean replacing the system OpenSSL version. A
separately built version (static libs only, which is OpenSSL's default)
is fine for mod_ssl - just specify via "./configure --with-ssl=". I
believe Ivan Ristic once had something on it in his blog, it's a fairly
straightforward and painless option for an admin, I think.

Kaspar