httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: *Match, RewriteRule POLA violation?
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 08:11:05 GMT
* Jim Riggs wrote:

> This came up at ApacheCon a couple of weeks ago. I just took this knowledge
> for granted, as I have always accounted for it, but both Rich and Trawick
> were surprised. As I thought about it some more, it seems this may be a
> POLA violation. Thoughts? If we agree it should be fixed, I can make the
> bugz and make a patch.

I use /+ patterns all over the place (I even trained people to use them) and I
was sure, it was documented, but I can't seem to find it, where I'd expect
it. So, IMHO it just should be better documented. At least for something like
mod_rewrite it should be possible to inspect the original uri (and possibly
take some action).

nd

P.S.: had to look up "POLA" ;-)
--