httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeepAliveTimeout per vhost for non-async MPMs
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:55:49 GMT
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OTOH it makes it clear that the keepalive timeout belongs to the
>> IP:port the request was received on, and not to the server for which
>> the latest request was handled on that IP:port.
>

> I think I documented the behavior, but just to get it on the books.
> What you say above is definitely the rationalization, but I think if
> we can remember the last servers keepalivetimeout (migration problems
> aside) I think it is better to use it.

OK, will commit the patches.

Regarding migration, we could apply the timeout only when it is
explicitely defined in the server (the ones ignored currently, per the
doc), and use base_server for others.
The easy thing to do that is to add a new keep_alive_timeout_set flag
to the conn_rec, but I guess this is not an easy struct to change to
help migration...
The other possibility is to create a server_config for http_module
(which does not exist, yet), and store the flag there.