httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Compatibility of existing directives switched to support expressions
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:10:09 GMT
I wonder if, for (too?)strict compatibiliy, we shouldn't add an
argument/suffix the name for directives modified to now support
expressions, in the quite (too?)unlikely case where the original value
contained a plain "%{whatever}" text or path (probably not concerning
URLs since "%{" is illegal there).
Just to disambiguate...

This has probably already been done in the past without (noticeable)
issue, so I may be paranoid here.

Just in case, regarding 2.4.13 this concerns (AFAICT):
- http://svn.apache.org/r1663259 (already backported to 2.4.13)
- http://svn.apache.org/r1663124
- http://svn.apache.org/r1661448
- ...?
( nothing against Graham of course which did all this good and very
valuable job ;)

Am I too paranoid and the leading "%{" is enough?

Regards,
Yann.