httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeepAliveTimeout per vhost for non-async MPMs
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 00:10:26 GMT
On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:55 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> The other possibility is to create a server_config for http_module
> (which does not exist, yet), and store the flag there.

I have tested the attached patch which works and (I think) preverves
backward compatibility.
If KeepAliveTimeout is defined in a server it is used, otherwise it's
the one from c->base_server.

The only compatibility breakage I can think of is for KeepAliveTimeout
defined in non-first server which were previously ignored and now
taken into account, but it means that the admin either didn't know
about its setting being ignored, or had better remove it...

If that's fine I'll commit this version for sync MPMs and the one from
PR56226 for mpm_event.
I'm not sure event should use the same heuristic since the current
behaviour is to use the global timeout only, but probably for
consistency I could use an optional_fn to make keep_alive_timeout_set
visible from others.