httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Browder <tom.brow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected Warnings from Macro Use in 2.4
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:09:52 GMT
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Tim Bannister <isoma@c8h10n4o2.org.uk> wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2015, at 13:02, Nick Gearls <nickgearls@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wrong answer: mod_macro uses the syntax $var but also ${var}, which is mandatory
if you want the variable to be a part of a string, like in "${var}abc".
>> The syntax really clashes with the Define directive, so it should be changed.
>> Another unused character could be used, like §
>
> There aren't many suitable symbols left unused.
>
> To make interpolation not clash with Define I'd prefer “${macro:var}”, or something
like that, to “§{var}”.

Since there is a clash with Define why not '@{var}'?

But I still wonder why the need?  Since it works somehow, can't you
just fix the parse warningin the macro definition?  (I took a cursory
look at the code, and I'm again overwhelmed--will take some time to
get familiar with it for me.)

Best regards,

-Tom