httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <>
Subject Re: Reverse proxy: invalid Content-Length leads to 413 + 400 errors mixed up
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 21:26:29 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Eric Covener <> wrote:
> I am not following (the existing) AH01579. Why is it related to a
> custom error page at that point?

There is a short thread responding to the commit email.

I think it's a good check minus the "custom errordocument" slant, and
I think I agree with Yann's remix of it where we just do this check
any time we ap_die with a non-HTTP status before headers have been

I think currently this branch should be pretty rare, as
ap_invoke_handler is filtering this status code for most places we'd
expect it to show up. A non-handler hook or filter returning it
directly are the other paths. Those seem unlikely to pass it to

Eric Covener

View raw message