httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Lu, Yingqi" <yingqi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [NOTICE] Intend to T&R 2.4.12 tomorrow (Thurs, Jan 22)
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:19:48 GMT
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your comments and explanation on the procedure.

If you have time, please take some time to review this patch and let me know if you see any
issues.

Thanks,
Yingqi

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:56 AM
To: Lu, Yingqi
Cc: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [NOTICE] Intend to T&R 2.4.12 tomorrow (Thurs, Jan 22)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:08:20 +0000
"Lu, Yingqi" <yingqi.lu@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for the update!
>
> A quick question on the review and testing procedure. Right now, Yann
> Ylavic already made available a 2.4 version of the patch. The link is
> included at http://svn.apache.org/r1651967 . Is this good enough or is
> there anything additional needed at this point? If there is no bug
> reported, when 2.4.13 time is approaching, the patch will
> automatically be on the commit list or is there anything else we need
> to make sure?
>
> Thanks,
> Yingqi

Yingqi,

a patch of this scale is generally added to the branch early, once three committers have had
a chance to review it.  By living on the 2.4 branch for some time (long before 2.4.13 is considered
for release) we have the best chance of catching a problem between now and the release of
2.4.13.

It would be just as unlikely to be added just before 2.4.13 is tagged because that doesn't
give enough of the community time to review it.

Yours,

Bill