httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Lu, Yingqi" <yingqi...@intel.com>
Subject RE: AW: Time for 2.4.11
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:38:37 GMT
Hi Yann,

Thanks very much for your help!

Yes, I think I can help to document the "ListenCoresBucketsRatio", at least to draft it. Also,
I think I can share the settings from our testing regarding to this work.

I will send them later this week.

Thanks,
Yingqi

-----Original Message-----
From: Yann Ylavic [mailto:ylavic.dev@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2015 2:06 AM
To: httpd
Subject: Re: AW: Time for 2.4.11

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:25 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is still missing the "ListenCoresBucketsRatio" documentation,
> and I don't think I can do it today, could you?

Also, would you share maybe some recommended settings ({Min,Max}Spare*,ServerLimit, StartServer,
...) wrt bucketing and this new directive?

I did some testing (though with linux-3.14, and httpd-2.2.x backport of the patch), and it
seems it really helps the scalability (at the limits).
And I did not notice any special dysfunctioning either, including during (graceful) restarts.
So +1 for me.

But, since the patch is quite big, it may be hard for reviewers to (in)validate today (thurs
here, which seems to be the T&R date).
So maybe we can take more time for this (with a patch already available for those who care)
and wait until 2.4.12 (next next)?
What do you (reviewers) think?

Thanks,
Yann.