httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.12 as GA
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:44:37 GMT
Am 22.01.2015 um 19:54 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> The pre-release test tarballs for Apache httpd 2.4.12 can be found
> at the usual place:
>
> 	http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> I'm calling a VOTE on releasing these as Apache httpd 2.4.12 GA.
>
> [X] +1: Good to go
> [ ] +0: meh
> [ ] -1: Danger Will Robinson. And why.

+1 to release, thanks for RMing.

In short: No regressions found.

Detailed report:

- Sigs and hashes OK
- contents of tarballs identical
- contents of tag and tarballs identical
   except for expected deltas
   (we could cleanup some m4 files in apr-util/xml/expat/conftools
    at the end of buildconf, no regression)

Built on

- Solaris 8+10 Sparc as 32 Bit Binaries
- SLES 10+11 (64 Bits)
- RHEL 6 (64 Bits)
- FreeBSD 9.1

On FreeBSD 2.4.12 runs on one machine for the ASF the www and
mail-archives httpd instances. No problems showed up.

For all platforms except FreeBSD built

- with default (shared) and static modules
- with module sets none, few, most, all, reallyall and default
   (always mod_privileges disabled)
- using --enable-load-all-modules
- against "included" APR/APU from deps tarball,
   plus external APR/APU 1.5.1/1.5.4

- using external libraries
   - expat 2.1.0
   - pcre 8.36
   - openssl 1.0.1l
   - lua 5.2.3
   - distcache 1.5.1
   - libxml2 2.9.2

- Tool chain:
     - platform gcc except for Solaris
       (gcc 4.1.2 for Solaris 8 and 4.9.1 for Solaris 10)
     - CFLAGS: -O2 -g -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
               (and -mpcu=v9 on Solaris)

All builds succeeded
   - two harmless compiler warnings in modules/aaa/mod_authnz_fcgi.c
     Fixed in r1652829 and proposed for 2.4

Tested for

- Solaris 8+10 (32), SLES 11 (64), RHEL 6 (64)
- MPMs prefork, worker, event (except for Solaris 8 - no event)
- default (shared) and static modules
- log levels info, debug and trace8
- module set reallyall (121 modules plus MPMs), "all", "most",
   "few", "none" and default

I didn't wait for finishing all combinations, but out of the about 1050
finished combinations, only the following test failures were seen:

a Test 4 and 5 in t/modules/dav.t:
   50 runs. Creation, modified and now times not in the correct order.
   This seems to be a system issue, all tests done on NFS,
   many tested on virtualized guests.
   Not a regression.

b Various tests in t/apache/expr_string.t: (3, 6, 11, 14, 20 ,23)
   33 runs failed this test, (all except for two on RHEL).
   The failure is always on line 68, where the error_log contents
   are checked.
   Not a regression.

c Tests 55-57 of t/modules/cgi.t testing contents of ScriptLog.
   The tests fail for "reallyall" modules and static builds
   because then mod_cgi plus mod_cgid are loaded both.
   After r1651085 STDERR logging for mod_cgi and mod_cgid behave
   differently and cgi.t doesn't know which of the two loaded
   modules actually handles the request.
   This was a test suite problem. It happens on most platforms
   but not on Solaris 10, lilkely due to a different hook sort
   order of mod_cgi and mod_cgid there.
   We should try to port the r1651085 enhancement
   from mod_cgi to mod_cgid as well (logging errors to ScriptLog
   instead of error log in more cases).

Regards,

Rainer