httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache httpd 2.4.11 as GA
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2015 04:33:37 GMT
Am 17.01.2015 um 03:58 schrieb rjung@apache.org:
 > Author: rjung
 > Date: Sat Jan 17 02:58:24 2015
 > New Revision: 1652559

 > Log:
 > Fix failing test.
 >
 > After r1651085 for mod_cgi we log cgi script
 > stderr to ScriptLog. Two of our test scripts
 > write 8KB to STDERR, each is called two times.
 >
 > So increase ScriptLogLength by 4 x 8KB, otherwise
 > the log file contents looked after by later tests
 > can not be found.
 >
 > Modified:
 >      httpd/test/framework/trunk/t/conf/extra.conf.in
 >      httpd/test/framework/trunk/t/modules/cgi.t

I saw tests failing due to this test bug on Solaris 10 Sparc.

I don't see the tests failing before this change to the test on other
platforms, but those are failing now :(

Reason: the stderr expected to get logged during the test to the
ScriptLog does not show up in the cgi log file for those other platforms
and instead goes to the normal error log - like it was normal until
2.4.10. On Solaris 10 Sparc the stderr is written to the ScriptLog by
calling log_script_err() in cgi_bucket_read() (inside mod_cgi.c). On the
other platforms, this piece of code isn't hit and instead the STDERR
goes to the normal error log.

Before change r1651085 to mod_cgi.c it always went to the normal error
log. So it seems r1651085 isn't complete, but before 2.4.11 it was even
more incomplete, so not really a regression.

I'll take a bit of sleep now and will see, whether I can narrow down the
reason for this platform specific difference later.

Regards,

Rainer