httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Austin, httpd track
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2014 15:29:15 GMT
On 02 Dec 2014, at 4:29 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> Given the focus on SSL in the last year, I think that a talk exactly like that would
be appreciated, and could even be a great talk to use to market the track as a whole. I think
a lot of people are waking up to the fact that they have no idea what SSL/TLS actually is,
and some in-depth teaching on it seems like it would be welcome.

An SSL/TLS track would be an excellent idea.

There is a significant amount of anti-security sentiment out there, ranging from managers
switching it off because they don’t know what it is for, developers complaining that it’s
“too hard”, through to technical people actively evangelising against using SSL/TLS because
it is perceived to be inconvenient.

Regards,
Graham
—