httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Dumpleton <grah...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid kill all subprocesses in reload
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2014 06:05:05 GMT
Sounds like it would perhaps be for the same reason as mod_wsgi has issues
with that sort of thing.

Only Apache child worker processes get special dispensation as far as
graceful shutdowns or reloads are concerned. If instead a module creates
additional processes using the other child API calls in APR:

http://apr.apache.org/docs/apr/1.4/group__apr__thread__proc.html#gaf8d2be452a819161aa4cd6205a17761e

then when a shutdown or restart occurs they get a hard 3 seconds to
shutdown or they will be killed with SIGKILL. Up to that 3 seconds they
will be sent a normal SIGTERM each second to try and get them to exit.

Thus there is no facility to allow them to linger longer that I know of
unless something has been added in more recent times.

Graham