httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Patch] Simplifying mod_alias
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 18:57:13 GMT
On 21 Dec 2014, at 7:37 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am -1 on moving them to a _compat module. I don't see a technical
> reason, there's nothing wrong with the current code or function, and I
> think there has to be a stronger case to justify adding more upgrade
> speedbumps.

The primary purpose of the exercise was to formally bring expression support to Alias/Redirect/ScriptAlias
and avoid a need to use mod_rewrite for what should be easy and simple.

I don’t follow the argument that there is no technical reason for the change - surely support
for the expression API is to be encouraged?

Regards,
Graham
—