httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Patch] Simplifying mod_alias
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2014 09:42:44 GMT

On 12/21/2014 02:48 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 27 Jan 2014, at 12:11 AM, GRAHAM LEGGETT <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
>> A look at mod_alias shows it has 7 directives:
>>
>> • Alias
>> • AliasMatch
>> • Redirect
>> • RedirectMatch
>> • RedirectPermanent
>> • RedirectTemp
>> • ScriptAlias
>> • ScriptAliasMatch
>>
>> In theory we only need these three:
>>
>> • Alias
>> • Redirect
>> • ScriptAlias
>>
>> What I'm keen to do is enable expression support and deprecate all but the above,
with the following as the preferred configuration method (same as the one used by ProxyPass):

>> <Location /foo>
>> Alias /var/lib/bar
>> …stuff...
>> </Location>
>>
>> or
>>
>> <LocationMatch ^/foo/(?<bar>[^/]+)>
>> Alias /var/lib/%{env:MATCH_BAR}/baz
>> …stuff...
>> </LocationMatch>
>>
>> In theory this would be faster as we would not be scanning the list of Aliases followed
by the list of Locations each time, and things get a lot simpler to use.

> This patch implements the above.

Only one small comment on the test cases:

Doesn't the httpd.conf parts need to be in an ifversion block to ensure the test suite still
runs with 2.4.x / 2.2.x?

Regards

Rüdiger