httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Helmut K. C. Tessarek" <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
Subject Re: [Patch] Simplifying mod_alias
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2014 17:14:24 GMT
On 21.12.14 9:41 , Graham Leggett wrote:
> What we should do in future is remove all the *Match directives and move
> them into a mod_alias_compat module, leaving just
> Alias/Redirect/ScriptAlias in mod_alias, same as we did with authnz in
> httpd v2.4.

+1.

In SW development a lot of people mixup the type of break: configurational,
behavioral, and functional. One does not necessarily have to imply the other(s).
In any case, this need for backwards compatibilty kills innovation and
advancement. I won't go into details, since it may sound like ranting.

What I want to say though is that Apache's compat modules are a great solution
and I hoped more projects would use this approach.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek
lookup http://sks.pkqs.net for KeyID 0xC11F128D

/*