httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Smith <...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: server/util_expr_(parse|scan) generated sources files
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 21:01:14 GMT
Hi All,

This get's me remembering why we have the generated files in SVN. Not
all OSs have the ability to generate these files, specifically Windows
at the time the expression parser was moved from mod_ssl into core, the
then available version was not new enough. GNU tools are no friend to
Windows :-)

I notice that util_expr_scan.l has been modified and 2.5.35 version of
flex is noted in the commit log. I would like to regenerate the .c but
the best I can do is 2.5.4a (last available version for Win32) which
works but is obviously no where near the current.

Maybe we should comment in the files, you change it, you regenerate the .c?

Regards,

Gregg