httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Austin, httpd track
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 16:00:59 GMT

On 12/02/2014 03:51 PM, wrowe@rowe-clan.net wrote:
> Rich raises a great point - you could probably even propose a full half
> day training, and spend a bit of time on configuring different ASF projects
> (e.g. httpd, Tomcat) while aiming squarely at the state of SSL cryptography
> itself.  I'm certain that class would get some nice registration numbers.

FYI, we're planning to drop training/tutorial kind of sessions for this
event. They have consistently been a huge logistical nightmare, and we
always end up canceling (optimistically) 3/4 of them due to poor
attendance numbers. They're a huge hassle for the people that have to
plan the content and then not give the talk. They're a huge hassle to
have to notify people that the tutorial they signed up for has been
canceled. And they're a hassle trying to get the space for a talk that
may or may not happen.

If this content can be put into a half-day three-talk series, where each
talk stands alone or works in concert, that would be ideal. Do you think
that we can put together like that? Any chance we could even persuade
one of the OpenSSL folks to come for that? Anyone have any contacts there?

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon