httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <>
Subject Re: commercial support
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:21:10 GMT
On Nov 23, 2014, at 10:07 AM, Eric Covener <> wrote:
> I'm not sure there's much value in this going forward (as opposed to
> say 18 months ago) compared to say the doc or evangelism efforts
> advocated in Jeff's other thread.

Agreed, though I’d say that the true havoc has been in migrating configs from pre-2.4 to
Perhaps *especially* when the Linux vendor bundling httpd changes versions, as the end user
isn’t expecting it.

My personal experience with this has to do with the VM images we’ve been producing at my
current gig; there’s a tutorial that makes use of httpd, and the unexpected change in the
authz syntax caused a 1 day loss of time for the person who manages the tutorial.

If she’d reached out to me earlier, I could have saved her the time - but…that’s unrelated
to the point.

Victor J. Orlikowski <>

View raw message