httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Victor J. Orlikowski" <>
Subject Re: commercial support
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 14:53:03 GMT
On Nov 23, 2014, at 8:11 AM, Jeff Trawick <> wrote:
>  Docker would not be the right solution for someone who wants to use httpd over the long
haul (future updates to httpd+libs while maintain existing config, etc.); beyond the complication
of container layers to manage this properly, these folks should have packaging that's managed
like other software on their system so that they don't have to learn any new concepts

To my mind, at least on RPM-based distributions, that sounds like a set of prefixed RPM packages,
that install into a non-default system location, and that can be built from APR-Util/APR/httpd
source trees.

To be a bit more specific: a that takes a templated spec file, does the needed
configure and make, and drops out a set of packages that would install things under /opt/local.

That about sound about right, Jeff?

Victor J. Orlikowski <>

View raw message