httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: Server(_rec) unique identifier
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 09:25:41 GMT
On 29.10.2014 11:41, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> I chose to use (MD5 digest) all the IP:port from the s->addrs list
> (ie. <VitualHost IP|*|_default_:port ...>), plus s->server_hostname
> and s->port (ie. ServerName, be it configured or not, knowing that in
> the latter case, apr_gethostname() is used fot the main server, and
> the main server's one is used for the vhosts).

Just an observation on the digest you're proposing: while it doesn't
seem necessary to proactively kill MD5 in httpd when it is used for
non-crypto purposes (see also RFC 6151), I would prefer another digest
algorithm being picked for new things (apr_sha1_* perhaps, considering
that APR doesn't currently have SHA-2 support?).

Kaspar