httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject commercial support
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 22:00:39 GMT
It's a shame that there isn't a company like Covalent
around anymore that focuses on the Apache httpd web-server.
nginx.com shows kinda clearly that having a motivated
company behind a web-server helps grab market share and
market awareness (they can continue to beat the drum about
how fast and reliable they are, when so many benchmarks
lately show that 2.4 is just as fast if not faster in
actual response time, but we have limited ability to
do that, and most reporters see us as Old "news" and
nginx as the new hotness anyway)...

So who wants to get together and create a company
around httpd? :)

Honestly though, how much of the uptake in nginx
do people think is actually due to nginx being "better"
or the "best" choice, and how much do you think is
due simply because it's *seen* as better or that we
are seen as old and tired?

This is our 20year anniversary... It would be cool
to use that to remind people! :)