httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Kalu┼ża <jkal...@redhat.com>
Subject Fix DirectoryMatch to not match regular files?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2014 11:18:25 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to fix PR41867 using attached patch. While the patch seems
to work, I'm thinking if the behaviour change introduced by the patch
can bring some problems.

Currently, "<DirectoryMatch ^/var/www/html/private>" matches also
"/var/www/html/private.txt" even it is a regular file and not a
directory. With the patch, DirectoryMatch won't match "private.txt" in
this case, because it's a file.

While I think this is excepted behaviour of DirectoryMatch, I'm not sure
if it's acceptable change in 2.4.x branch (or even trunk?). What do you
think?

Regards,
Jan Kaluza