httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Systemd support in 2.4
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 13:22:02 GMT
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:00 AM, Jan Kalu┼ża <jkaluza@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 09/14/2014 01:21 PM, Martynas Bendorius wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there any special reason why mod_systemd and mod_journald (available
>> in trunk) are not backported to 2.4 yet?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I think mod_systemd could be proposed for 2.4 branch (maybe even with the
> changes adding socket activation), but for mod_journald, we would have to
> backport "modular logging", which breaks the API/ABI and therefore I'm
> afraid that won't happen in 2.4 branch :(.

I have an old patch somewhere that doesn't break the API/ABI, and
accommodates such differences as syslog being built-in in 2.4.x.  I didn't
realize that anybody besides me actually cared.

I'll try to find time to see how it fits in 2.4.x-HEAD.

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/