httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] Async write completion for the full connection filter stack
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 17:19:22 GMT

On Sep 10, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> Having thought long and hard about this, giving filters an opportunity to write has nothing
to do with either data or metadata, we just want to give the filter an opportunity to write.
“Dear filter, please wake up and if you’ve setaside data please write it, otherwise do
nothing, thanks”. Empty brigade means “do nothing new”.

"Hey filter, here is an empty brigade, meaning I have no
data for you; if you have setaside data, now is the time
to push it thru."