httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] Async write completion for the full connection filter stack
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 19:30:42 GMT
Another consideration: We now have the "idea" of a master
and slave connection, and maybe something there would
also help...

FWIW: I like using an empty bucket conceptually since it should
be ez and quick to check.
On Sep 8, 2014, at 2:53 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> Wouldn't it make more sense instead of using an empty brigade to create yet another metabucket
that signals write
> completion? It could also contain information how much data to send down the chain for
single filters if they e.g. send
> heap or transient buckets. Otherwise how should they know?
> If you have a filter that has a large file bucket set aside and it does transform it
e.g. to a heap bucket during it's
> processing because it changes data on it I guess it doesn't make sense if it does send
all stuff once it gets triggered
> for write completion as we would end up in a blocking write then in the core filter.
But if it knows how much is left in
> the core filter buffer it could try to just sent this and avoid thus blocking writes.
And if there is no room left in
> the buffer or if what is left is too small for the filter to operate on it, the filter
could just pass the bucket down