httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Any reason to open access logs in parent on Windows?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 03:43:21 GMT
I'm confused.  Piped logging did work just fine on Windows, unless something has broken it.

The design goal was simply to support multiple processes some day.  And the code in question
was proof-of-concept, that we could perform fd inheritance al la *nix.  But the cross process
locking for append is clearly broken in any case so good solutions are welcome, as long as
parent process logs are not overwritten.

Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>​I was looking into an  error where after a large # of rotatelogs processes are created,
they start mysteriously exiting.  I