httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
Subject RE: Re: C99 bump prior to apr 2.0?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 18:01:30 GMT
--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: C99 bump prior to apr 2.0?
From: "Gregg Smith" <>
Date: 9/4/14 12:47 pm

On 9/4/2014 8:49 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
 > I overlooked 2 other viable options
 > [ ] Roll with apr-util 1.5.2 (pre-breakage) and 
 > corresponding binaries
 > [ ] Roll with apr-util 1.5.4 (upon release) and 
 > corresponding binaries
 Assumes a much quicker path to everything hitting the mirrors and 
 looking at 1.5.3's change log later yesterday I did not see anything VC 
 crucial so
 [X] Roll with apr-util 1.5.2 (pre-breakage) and 
 corresponding binaries.
 If I hear no objections today, this is how I'll proceed for the time being.
It might be worthwhile to roll a win32-src-r3 later on with 1.5.4 but I don't
see a reason to wait on it.  Both 1.5.2, 1.5.3 and someday, 1.5.4 are ASF
releases so I don't think we are disturbing the release policy by moving
ahead with both plans.  httpd-2.2.29 itself doesn't appear to have any
hiccups (except the reference to 2.4.x+ compatibility for MergeTrailers,
a defect already corrected on the online docs).

View raw message