httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.28 release timing.
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:44:26 GMT
I offered to RM but OtherBill said he'd do it; plus, last
time I did, I used more up-to-date versions of autoconf,
and OtherBill complained that for the 2.2 built, we should
continue to use the much older versions...

FWIW, I still can't recall which old version numbers we
should be using for 2.2... :/

On Aug 20, 2014, at 3:00 PM, Ruediger Pluem <> wrote:

> Ben Reser wrote:
>> On 8/5/14 2:21 PM, Mark Blackman wrote:
>>> This might be more of user than dev question, but as the discussions about
>>> timing were here, I’ll go with here.
>>> suggested the 2.2.28 tagging and presumably release is imminent,
>>> however, is still a 404.
>>> I understand the mechanics of open source projects, so this is not a “hurry-up”,

>>> it’s just a "can I get Apache 2.2.28 into my next hosting platform release
or not”,
>>> the contents of which will be frozen on Aug. 15.
>> I'd do the rolling myself but I'm not 100% clear on what needs to happen.  So
>> if someone can do a little hand holding I'll be happy to do the release myself.
>> I'm generally familiar with how the ASF does releases since I do the
>> Subversion release regularly.  So this would be entirely about the specifics of
>> rolling the release.
> should be a good starting point. There are 3
patches left in STATUS that
> already have 3 +1's that need to get committed to the branch before rolling.
> Regards
> Rüdiger

View raw message