httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject T&R of 2.2.28
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:14:13 GMT
I propose to T&R 2.2.28 on Tuesday; this gives people today,
the weekend, and Monday to ensure 2.2.28 is in good enough
shape to release.

Thx!

On Aug 22, 2014, at 8:12 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> As noted, I already spent time creating a VM
> of CentOS5 with the required toolchain, so I'm good
> to go.
> 
> On Aug 21, 2014, at 1:26 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> 
>> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:59:52 +0200
>> Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>>> I offered to RM but OtherBill said he'd do it; plus, last
>>>> time I did, I used more up-to-date versions of autoconf, et.al.
>>>> and OtherBill complained that for the 2.2 built, we should
>>>> continue to use the much older versions...
>>>> 
>>>> FWIW, I still can't recall which old version numbers we
>>>> should be using for 2.2... :/
>>> 
>>> Digging through the archives reveals:
>>> 
>>> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:00:52 -0500
>>> Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> So what versions of autoconf and libtool should we
>>>> be baselining for 2.2.x?
>>> 
>>> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:56:39 -0600
>>> "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Libtool 1.5.26 and autoconf 2.67 were used for 2.2.25 release; any
>>>> later 1.5 libtool or 2.6x series autoconf aught to work but you
>>>> would want to pre- buildconf and review any newer versions before
>>>> tagging.
>> 
>> That about sums it up.  Sorry, I am still drowning in my late father's
>> affairs for another 3-4 weeks, but will make time to do this in 2 hours
>> from now, sum up votes and move files Sun a.m. for a Mon a.m. release.
>> That saves anyone else from creating an older toolchain (even I never
>> use this one on the development branches).
>> 
>> I see three patches to apply, if nobody beats me to it I'll merge them,
>> but dibs goes to the proposer.  About Eric's comment, given the delay
>> we should pick up that patch, it can simply encourage us to get 2.4.11
>> out in the reasonably near future.
>> 
>> I'd love to see us pick up newer autoconf/libtool, preferably not on a
>> security release... perhaps we can come up with a bugfix release that
>> lets us let new conf scripts out into the wild for wider review?
>> 
>> I was not waiting on the utf-8 services patch, but am looking forward to
>> some of our international windows users giving that patch a spin and
>> sounding in on the fix for international service names.
> 


Mime
View raw message