httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.2.28 release timing.
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:12:07 GMT
As noted, I already spent time creating a VM
of CentOS5 with the required toolchain, so I'm good
to go.

On Aug 21, 2014, at 1:26 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014 13:59:52 +0200
> Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
> 
>> 
>> 
>> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> I offered to RM but OtherBill said he'd do it; plus, last
>>> time I did, I used more up-to-date versions of autoconf, et.al.
>>> and OtherBill complained that for the 2.2 built, we should
>>> continue to use the much older versions...
>>> 
>>> FWIW, I still can't recall which old version numbers we
>>> should be using for 2.2... :/
>> 
>> Digging through the archives reveals:
>> 
>> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 16:00:52 -0500
>> Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> So what versions of autoconf and libtool should we
>>> be baselining for 2.2.x?
>> 
>> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:56:39 -0600
>> "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> 
>>> Libtool 1.5.26 and autoconf 2.67 were used for 2.2.25 release; any
>>> later 1.5 libtool or 2.6x series autoconf aught to work but you
>>> would want to pre- buildconf and review any newer versions before
>>> tagging.
> 
> That about sums it up.  Sorry, I am still drowning in my late father's
> affairs for another 3-4 weeks, but will make time to do this in 2 hours
> from now, sum up votes and move files Sun a.m. for a Mon a.m. release.
> That saves anyone else from creating an older toolchain (even I never
> use this one on the development branches).
> 
> I see three patches to apply, if nobody beats me to it I'll merge them,
> but dibs goes to the proposer.  About Eric's comment, given the delay
> we should pick up that patch, it can simply encourage us to get 2.4.11
> out in the reasonably near future.
> 
> I'd love to see us pick up newer autoconf/libtool, preferably not on a
> security release... perhaps we can come up with a bugfix release that
> lets us let new conf scripts out into the wild for wider review?
> 
> I was not waiting on the utf-8 services patch, but am looking forward to
> some of our international windows users giving that patch a spin and
> sounding in on the fix for international service names.


Mime
View raw message