httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:26:35 GMT
On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Steve Zweep <Steve.Zweep@watchguard.com> wrote:
> 1.       While communication from client to server works well, unsolicited
> messages from the server to clients seem to queue. If the client
> subsequently sends a message back to the server, the original message from
> the server is received. I would have expected the data from the server to
> generate an event resulting in immediate delivery.

your expectation is consistent with mine -- must be a bug.

I don't think my ad-hoc testing had a push like that so it's probably
something small in the managing of the fds -- no reason for it to not
be symmetric

> 2.       In attempts to debug this I experimented with
> ProxyWebsocketAsyncDelay. I observed that when this is used, the connections
> never go into async mode. I.e. proxy_tunnel_pump() never returns SUSPENDED.
> As a result I see the same thread usage as when ProxyWebsocketAsync is
> turned off. Is this expected behavior?

also not expected

> Any insights into what is going on here would be helpful. I noticed that
> there have been a number of recent changes both to the event mpm and
> mod_proxy_wstunnel. Perhaps there are still some known issues with this
> code?

it is definitely new/rough/experimental and trunk-only.  I just added
a note to the docs now.  I will try to look this weekend at the two
issues above.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com