httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:50:09 GMT
Probably a false trail, trunk at r1611741 is up to date, I think 1.5.x
won't help.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Steve Zweep
<Steve.Zweep@watchguard.com> wrote:
> Hi Yann,
>
> The test I ran today was built with APR from trunk (r1611741). I see that r1605769 modifies
apr_skiplist.c and there has been a lot of activity in the  trunk version of that code lately.
I can try with the 1.5.x branch code to see if it makes a difference. Probably won't get to
this before Monday though.

> - Steve

ProxyWebsocketAsync turned on. The first does not use the AsyncDelay and shows how server
messages stall and are not delivered until the client polls. The second has ProxyWebsocketAsyncDelay
set to 100. In that case, message processing works properly, but threads are held open and
there is no sign of async processing.

>> Since my build and execution environment were somewhat non-standard, I repeated all
the tests today on stock Ubuntu 14.04, with a fresh checkout and build of httpd and apr trunk
code. The same results were observed.

>> - Steve

have an un-updated trunk from several weeks ago?  There was an optimization put in and backed
out that might have broke some of these same things for a very short window.