httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bannister <is...@jellybaby.net>
Subject Re: mod_autoindex issue with multibyte chars
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:55:47 GMT
On 16 Jul 2014, at 18:34, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> few days back I found that mod_autoindex seems to have a prob with multibyte chars in
filenames; the trailing spaces seem to be calculated for the real string, but since they're
finally displayed in the browser as one char this causes lack of spaces and the following
data is misaligned ...
> I've seen this 1st with Windows and thought it might be because the filesystem uses another
charset than httpd; but today I tested some more, and see same issue also on Linux:
> http://people.apache.org/~fuankg/testautoindex/
>
> I've not yet looked through mod_autoindex due lack of time, but I thought just I mention
it here in case someone finds quickly a fix;
> affected are 2.2.x and 2.4.x and most likely trunk too.

This is a documented b^Hfeature: “HTMLTable … is necessary for utf-8 enabled platforms
or if file names or description text will alternate between left-to-right and right-to-left
reading order”

Changing the default IndexOptions (e.g. to include “XHTML HTMLtable FancyIndexing”) would
mitigate this.
I wouldn't change the default behaviour for 2.2.x / 2.4.x though.

--
Tim Bannister – isoma@jellybaby.net