httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Zweep <Steve.Zw...@watchguard.com>
Subject RE: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:35:44 GMT
Hi Yann,

The test I ran today was built with APR from trunk (r1611741). I see that r1605769 modifies
apr_skiplist.c and there has been a lot of activity in the  trunk version of that code lately.
I can try with the 1.5.x branch code to see if it makes a difference. Probably won't get to
this before Monday though.

- Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Yann Ylavic [mailto:ylavic.dev@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 4:51 PM
To: httpd
Subject: Re: Question about async mod_proxy_wstunnel and threads

Hi Steve,

can you still reproduce with the latest APR 1.5.x, notably containing this fix: http://svn.apache.org/r1605769.
I don't think there is a released version with this patch...

Regards,
Yann.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM, Steve Zweep <Steve.Zweep@watchguard.com> wrote:
> I've attached annotated logs that show the issues I described. Both scenarios have ProxyWebsocketAsync
turned on. The first does not use the AsyncDelay and shows how server messages stall and are
not delivered until the client polls. The second has ProxyWebsocketAsyncDelay set to 100.
In that case, message processing works properly, but threads are held open and there is no
sign of async processing.

> Since my build and execution environment were somewhat non-standard, I repeated all the
tests today on stock Ubuntu 14.04, with a fresh checkout and build of httpd and apr trunk
code. The same results were observed.

> - Steve

an un-updated trunk from several weeks ago?  There was an optimization put in and backed out
that might have broke some of these same things for a very short window.